Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is: Books I can’t believe I read..
- The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling and The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan..
Reason: I’ve never been into the fantasy genre, but I admit that these two series are great.
- The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt, #2) by Adina Senft
Reason: I never thought I’d get into Amish fiction, but after reading this book I’m hooked.
- Marley and Me: Life and Love With the Worlds Worst Dog by John Grogan
Reason: Sad books with animals just destroy me. Especially when they remind me of my childhood dog. This one did have its amusing bits though.
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Reason: Books set in dystopian worlds aren’t my cup of tea, but this was a 5 star read for me.
- The Secrets of Islay: Golf, Marathons and Single Malt by Robert Kroeger
Reason: I’m not really a golfer, the thought of me running a marathon is laughable and I don’t really drink.. So this book didn’t seem like it would be a good fit for me. However I gave it a shot and enjoyed it.
- Growing up Duggar: It’s All About Relationships by Jana Dugger et. al
Reason: I’m not a religious person by any means, nor would I follow their strict rules for courtships, but for some reason the Duggar family fascinate me.
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
Reason: I don’t have a good track record with classic books. Thankfully I gave this one a shot and really enjoyed it.
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Reason: I don’t get the hype..